2023 Wild West Vet Show – Reno, Nevada
October 18 - October 21
Exhibit Hall Booth #134
Please visit our conference booth to learn more about OncoK9, the non-invasive liquid biopsy test for dogs.
Exhibit Hall Hours:
- October 18, 2023: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- October 19, 2023: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- October 20, 2023: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
PetDx Continuing Education Session
Thursday, October 19, 2023 @ 9:00 AM
- Title: The importance of early cancer detection in dogs: Changing the “Friday afternoon” emergency
- Speaker: Andi Flory, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology), PetDx Chief Medical Officer
- Description: It’s Friday afternoon and you’re about to head home for the weekend. A dog is rushed in with a hemoabdomen. The owner says, “he was fine this morning”. The family makes a quick and difficult decision to head to surgery. Histopathology confirms hemangiosarcoma. Today, most cancers are detected after a dog develops clinical signs (sometimes subtle, sometimes life-threatening) and the disease is advanced. But what if there was a way to detect cancer earlier, before that dog became sick, at a time when the family has more options for treatment? That is the goal of blood-based liquid biopsy testing for earlier detection. This session will provide an overview of how “the blood test for cancer” works, how this technology is being used in clinical practices around the country, and how a simple blood draw has an opportunity to change those heartbreaking “Friday afternoon” emergencies.
- URL: https://wildwest.vetshow.com/wild-west-vet-2023-program/the-importance-of-early-cancer-detection-in-dogs-changing-the-friday-afternoon-emergencythe-importance-of-early-cancer-detection-in-dogs-changing-the-friday-afternoon-emergency?&sortby=customfield_120725%20asc&searchgroup=libraryentry-wild-west-vet-2023-program