- This event has passed.
2023 VCS & VSSO Collaborative Conference – Cancun, Mexico
April 19 - April 22
Oral Presentation (Accepted Abstract)
- Date: Friday 4/21
- Time: 9:45am-10:00am
- Speaker: Andi Flory DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Title: Beyond the margins: The role of liquid biopsy in the detection of residual disease
Sponsored Breakfast Session
- Session Date: Saturday, April 22
- Session Time: 8:00 AM (Cancun, Mexico Time)
- Session Speaker: Andi Flory DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Session Title: The Use of OncoK9 Liquid Biopsy in Specialty Practice
- Session Description: OncoK9, a next-generation sequencing-based liquid biopsy test for cancer detection in dogs, became commercially available in 2021. Since that time, over 60% of samples submitted for clinical testing have been from general practitioners using the test as a screening tool for dogs with no current suspicion of cancer. However, liquid biopsy has a variety of clinical applications for both GPs and specialists. This session will highlight some key areas where NGS-based liquid biopsy testing may be helpful to specialists in the diagnosis and monitoring of cancer in dogs; to aid in the diagnosis of cancer in difficult-to-diagnose cases, to determine when additional staging may be indicated for patients with mast cell tumors, and to identify residual disease and monitor for disease recurrence following cancer therapy. A variety of interesting cases will be presented illustrating how this testing is being used in real-world clinical practices across the country.