2023 Southwest Veterinary Symposium – San Antonio, Texas
September 21 - September 24
Please join PetDx at SWVS in San Antonio, Texas.
Exhibit Hall Booth #436
Visit the PetDx booth to learn more about OncoK9, the early cancer detection test for dogs and join the canine cancer screening movement.
Exhibit Hall Hours:
- Thursday, September 21 from 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM
- Friday, September 22 from 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday, September 23 from 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Conference Program Session
Friday, September 22, 2023 @ 12:46 PM
- Sponsor: PetDx Lunch & Learn
- Location: Hemisfair Ballroom 1
- Title: A Blood Test Can Do That? Liquid Biopsy to Detect and Monitor Cancer in Dogs
- Speaker: Ashley Phelps-Dunn, DVM, PetDx Medical Science Liaison
- Program Description: Has an owner ever asked you about cancer screening in their healthy dog because they’ve lost a dog to cancer in the past? Have you ever discovered a splenic mass and the owners weren’t sure whether to proceed with surgery? After treating a dog for cancer, have you ever wished there was an easier way to monitor for recurrence of disease? Liquid biopsy offers veterinarians and veterinary specialists a non-invasive option for cancer detection and monitoring using a simple blood draw. This session will use case studies to explore liquid biopsy applications across the spectrum of cancer care: as a screening tool for dogs with no current suspicion of cancer, as an aid in diagnosis for dogs in which cancer is on the list of differentials, as a tool to detect residual disease following surgery, and as a means of monitoring for recurrence of disease throughout and following therapy.
- Session URL: https://sched.co/1NH7v