- This event has passed.
2022 Wild West Vet Show – Reno, Nevada
October 12, 2022 - October 15, 2022
Please join PetDx at the Wild West Vet Show in Reno, Nevada.
Exhibit Hall Booth #341
- October 12, 2022 – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm PDT
- October 13, 2022 – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm PDT
- October 14, 2022 – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm PDT
Continuing Education Session
- Date/Time: October 12, 2022 – 8:00 am PDT
- Speaker: Dr. Rachel Venable, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Title: Introducing “Liquid Biopsy”: The Blood Test That Can Detect 30 Different Types Of Cancer
- Description: At its most fundamental level, cancer is caused by abnormalities in DNA. Advances in genomic sequencing technologies now allow for the detection of these abnormalities using a simple blood sample, opening the door to non-invasive cancer identification in dogs. This session will provide a basic overview of cancer biology and introduce the fundamentals of “liquid biopsy” for canine cancer detection using next-generation sequencing of cell-free DNA. A detailed analysis of the clinical validation study of this testing in over 1,000 dogs will be reviewed, along with recent clinical laboratory experience and case examples from real-world veterinary practices.