- This event has passed.
2022 Sage Symposium – San Jose, California
Please join PetDx at the Sage Symposium in San Jose, California.
Exhibit Hall Booth
- October 23, 2022 – 8:30 am – 7:00 pm PDT
Continuing Education Session
- Date/Time: October 23, 2022 – 1:55 PDT
- Speaker: Dr. Andi Flory, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Title: Introducing “Liquid Biopsy”: The Blood Test That Can Detect 30 Different Types Of Cancer
- Description: At its most fundamental level, cancer is caused by abnormalities in DNA. Advances in genomic sequencing technologies now allow for the detection of these abnormalities using a simple blood sample, opening the door to non-invasive cancer identification in dogs. This session will provide a basic overview of cancer biology and introduce the fundamentals of “liquid biopsy” for canine cancer detection using next-generation sequencing of cell-free DNA. A detailed analysis of the clinical validation study of this testing in over 1,000 dogs will be reviewed, along with recent clinical laboratory experience and case examples from real-world veterinary practices.