- This event has passed.
2022 New York Vet Show – NYC, New York
November 2 - November 4
Please join PetDx at the New York Vet Show in NYC.
Exhibit Hall Booth #543
- November 3, 2022 – 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EDT
- November 4, 2022 – 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EDT
Continuing Education Session
- Date/Time: November 3, 2022 – 11:00 am EDT
- Speaker: Dr. Andi Flory, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology)
- Title: Introducing “Liquid Biopsy”: The Blood Test That Can Detect 30 Different Types Of Cancer
- Description: At its most fundamental level, cancer is caused by abnormalities in DNA. Advances in genomic sequencing technologies now allow for the detection of these abnormalities using a simple blood sample, opening the door to non-invasive cancer identification in dogs. This session will provide a basic overview of cancer biology and introduce the fundamentals of “liquid biopsy” for canine cancer detection using next-generation sequencing of cell-free DNA. A detailed analysis of the clinical validation study of this testing in over 1,000 dogs will be reviewed, along with recent clinical laboratory experience and case examples from real-world veterinary practices.